If you suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident, you need West Covina slip and fall lawyers who will vigorously advocate for your right to seek compensation for your damages. These veteran attorneys with the Salamati Law Firm are ready to provide the guidance you need.
Slip and fall accidents can be disorienting. If you have recently suffered injuries due to a fall, you may have questions regarding your legal rights. It is essential to understand that you have the right to file suit against any person or company that negligently caused your injuries. If your case is successful, you might recover monetary damages that can include compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and even permanent disability.
Common slip and fall accidents
Accidents happen every day, often when we least expect it. However, there are a number of circumstances that will frequently result in slip and fall injuries. Some common examples include:
- Broken steps
- Poorly lit parking lots
- Raised carpet
- Wet floors
- Unmarked hazards
- Uneven pavement
- Poorly maintained flooring
Our commitment to our clients
Not all injuries will result in a viable personal injury claim, but if your slip and fall were avoidable, the landowner who failed to secure their property may face some liability for your injuries. With the right Los Angeles slip and fall lawyer by your side, you may be able to recover monetary compensation from the responsible party.
The Salamati Law Firm has been dedicated to aggressively fighting for the rights of injured residents of West Covina since 1995. Our seasoned lawyers have been in the trenches fighting for our clients, and we have secured multi-million dollar recoveries for our clients in and around Los Angeles.
We take our role as your slip and fall lawyer West Covina seriously. We know what is at stake in your case, and we are driven to provide both the results and the personal service that you deserve. Every case is different, with some claims settling early on and others going all the way to a jury trial. Regardless of the nature of your claim, West Covina slip and fall lawyers are prepared to see your injury claim through to the end. Along the way, we will provide the personal service and experienced legal counsel you deserve.
At Salamati Law, we will begin taking the necessary steps to maximize your financial compensation for your injuries. While you focus on recovering physically, emotionally, and financially from your accident, your West Covina lawyer will do the heavy lifting to build your case, including the following steps:
- Investigating your accident: If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, hopefully, you were able to take pictures or videos of the accident scene and the surrounding area. If you couldn’t, your attorney may still be able to obtain valuable evidence on your behalf. For example, you slipped and fell at the grocery store due to a leaking freezer at Vons. It’s possible that the same freezer may still be leaking days later, so your lawyer may be able to obtain photographic evidence. Similarly, if you tripped and fell on a large crack in the parking lot at North-West College, that same defect may still be there when your attorney arrives on the scene. They can also conduct research to determine if that particular property owner has a track record of failing to maintain safe conditions.
- Identifying, preserving, and obtaining surveillance footage: Many slip and fall accident claims ultimately come down to your word and the property owner. For example, you may say that the lobby at the Holiday Inn West Covina was slippery at the time you fell. The hotel owner may say that the area was completely blocked off from all patrons. However, many businesses and private residences come equipped with surveillance cameras for security purposes. An experienced West Covina slip and fall attorney will know where to look and who to contact to see if this footage exists and if it captured your accident. Obtaining this footage may make a significant difference in the value of your claim, as the defendant will be forced to face the fact that your version of the accident was accurate. This often leads to much higher settlement offers extended your way earlier in the process– which can save you the time and stress associated with lengthy litigation and trial.
- Interviewing eyewitnesses: While some slip and fall accidents may occur with no one around, many have witnesses. If you can jot down their contact information, they may be reachable by your attorney. The more credible witnesses that corroborate your version of the facts, the better for your case, particularly where there isn’t any surveillance footage.
- Communicating and negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf. Hiring an experienced West Covina personal injury lawyer sends a clear message to the insurance company– you are prepared to take this case the distance if a fair settlement cannot be reached. Insurance companies tend to become more cooperative once a lawyer is representing you.
- Interviewing and hiring expert witnesses: Your lawyer may call on experts. For example, they may contact someone in the medical field who can attest to the severity of your injuries or a neutral third party in the same industry as the defendant who can provide insight on standard safety protocols. In other words, your lawyer will procure any experts that may help build your case.
- Representing you at trial: Most slip and fall cases settle before trial, but if trial becomes necessary in your case, you want an attorney with experience and a successful track record to be standing by your side in the courtroom.
No-cost, No-obligation Consultation
While the prospect of hiring a personal injury attorney may seem daunting, the good news is that discussing your case with the Salamati Law Firm could not be easier. That is because your initial consultation is free – no strings attached. We will discuss your case with you and learn about your circumstances before assessing your legal options.
If you choose the Salamati Law Firm, you can rest easy knowing that you will never be charged unexpected legal fees. We only receive our fee if we are successful in recovering damages for you. To learn more, call us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation right away. The time limit to file a slip and fall lawsuit can sneak up on you, so call today.