Taking the bus is a convenient, cost-saving, and environmentally friendly method of transportation for thousands of people every day. However, an experienced bus accident lawyer in West Covina knows that people are frequently seriously injured in Greyhound bus accidents and city bus accidents– and these injuries can change their lives forever. Contact us at Salamati Law as soon as possible. We have been fighting for the rights of injured residents of West Covina since 1995.
Bus accident victims often sustain severe injuries. Here are some of the reasons for this:
- Bus passengers do not wear seatbelts
- Passengers on a bus may be standing or walking at the time of the collision
- Many buses contain unsecured luggage that may become dangerous in a collision
- Cars involved in a crash are much smaller than the bus, and there may be significant injuries for the passengers
Unfortunately, many bus accident victims are forced to adapt to a new normal with significant disabilities. Here are some of the common injuries sustained by bus collision victims:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Fractured and broken bones
- Sprained or torn ligaments
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Back, spinal cord, and neck injuries
- Head injuries such as Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Wrongful death
Identifying which parties may be responsible for your bus accident can be challenging. We recommend that you consult with an experienced West Covina bus accident attorney as soon as possible following your collision. Some of the parties that may be entirely or partially at fault include:
- The bus driver, who may have been speeding, have run a red light, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the crash
- The driver’s employer, who may have negligently hired a driver who was inexperienced, insufficiently trained, or had a checkered driving record with DUI’s
- The manufacturer of individual parts on the bus, such as the brakes that may have malfunctioned during the accident
- The repair shop that most recently completed maintenance on the bus– may have improperly attached a new wheel that malfunctioned and caused the accident
- The driver of another vehicle. Other drivers are often impatient with buses and may cut them off or follow too closely and thereby causing a crash.
- A governmental entity in charge of maintaining the roads didn’t fix a pothole that caused the accident.
If you are injured in a bus accident, consult with an experienced West Covina bus accident lawyer as soon as possible. You will learn the facts regarding your legal rights, the strengths and weaknesses of your claim, any legal deadlines, and the approximate financial value of your claim. After this consultation, if you choose to hire a bus accident attorney in West Covina, they will begin immediately investigating and building your case.
They may interview eyewitnesses, examine the scene of the crash, contact any businesses or private residences that may have surveillance camera footage, consult with experts who may be beneficial in building your case, communicate with the insurance company on your behalf, and more.
We have been aggressively pursuing justice and maximum financial compensation for our injured clients for more than a quarter of a century. We are a full-service law firm that will handle your case from start to finish. While most cases settle out of court, we will thoroughly prepare to take your case to trial– if the other side refuses to give you a reasonable settlement offer.
If you have been injured in a bus accident here in West Covina, call Salamati Law today to book a free case review with a West Covina personal injury lawyer. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you will never see a bill from us unless you win your case.