Some slip and fall accidents are embarrassing—you trip over your own feet at work. But the floors are carpeted, and you sustain only a slight bruise. However, other falls can cause serious or life-threatening injuries that will change your life forever. For example, slipping and falling on an icy city street is very dangerous. Further, this accident was caused by the negligence of another party. Knowing what to do and where to turn after you have been injured is often crucial in rebuilding your life as quickly and seamlessly as possible. If you’ve been hurt due to no fault of your own, contact us at Salamati Law for a free consultation.
Suppose you are injured in a slip and fall on the property of another person or entity. In that case, you may have grounds to pursue financial compensation through filing a lawsuit with the aid of a Palmdale slip and fall attorney. To prevail, your Palmdale personal injury attorney will need to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that the property owner was negligent by not fixing or warning of a dangerous condition. Here are the elements your slip and fall lawyer in Palmdale will need to prove:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care. As long as you were not trespassing, this element will be met. For example, if you were eating lunch in the food court at Antelope Valley Mall, you would be owed a duty of care.
- The owner or manager of the property breached this duty of care. For example, if a slippery condition is present, the owner or manager is obligated to remove it, block that area off, or post clear signage. And it must be done within a reasonable amount of time. For example, if someone directly in front of you in the food court spills a drink all over the floor, it would not be reasonable to expect the property manager to act within seconds. On the other hand, if an ice machine has been leaking excessive amounts of water onto the floor for the past five hours, and nothing has been done to make it safe for patrons, this duty of care would be breached.
- The breach is what caused your accident. For example, if you slipped and fell due to the leakage from the ice machine, then the property manager’s negligence would have caused your accident.
- You were seriously hurt in this accident. Some common injuries are similar to the ones incurred by victims of bus accidents, including broken bones, back injuries, and head injuries. If a loved one was fatally injured, contact a wrongful death lawyer.
Here are some steps that you can take to help your slip and fall attorney in Palmdale, CA, maximize the financial value of your claim:
- Speak with a manager on duty and file an incident report
- Seek medical attention no matter how you feel at the moment
- Take pictures of your injuries, any damaged property, the condition that caused you to slip, and the area surrounding your accident
- Collect and document the contact information of all eyewitnesses to your accident
- Delete your social media accounts, or at the very least, make sure that nobody posts any updates, pictures, or videos online that discuss the accident.
- Throughout the pendency of your case, always assume that a private investigator is following you, and live your life accordingly
- Consult with an experienced slip and fall attorney in Palmdale as soon as possible.
For over 30 years, our attorneys at Salamati Law have been there to help fight for justice on behalf of accident victims. We have won hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients, and we do everything we can to maximize the amount of financial compensation our clients receive.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident here in Palmdale, call us today to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with a skilled lawyer. You will never receive a legal bill from us unless you win your case.