Getting to the bottom of an MTA bus injury takes heavy-duty legal muscle. That’s why it’s smart to trust your case to experienced Palmdale bus accident lawyers.
One of the biggest challenges for any Los Angeles bus accident attorney is correcting common misconceptions about this particular type of vehicle crash.
Here are seven unexpected facts about bus-related injuries. Use this information as your guide to receiving maximum compensation.
Seven Surprising Facts about Bus Accidents
Understanding the reasons for public safety hazards is essential for preventing them from recurring. That’s why the National Academy of Sciences commissioned a comprehensive study of bus accidents across the country.
Here are some of the facts the experts uncovered:
- More than 80% of bus accidents occur during the day: This may seem counter-intuitive until one remembers that traffic density patterns play a major role in vehicle crashes. Put another way, the more vehicles on the road, the more likely a crash it to occur.
- Most bus accidents occur on dry roads: On the other hand, most bus accident fatalities occur when the road surface is wet or icy.
- Almost half of all bus crashes occur in areas without a traffic signal or stop sign: In fact, most crashes involve a car or truck side-swiping the bus, rather than the traditional T-bone or head-on collision pattern.
- Not all bus accidents involve vehicle collisions: Passengers are frequently injured while moving about the bus or embarking/disembarking.
- Passenger ejection occurs in a surprising number of bus accidents: Serious injuries are far more likely when passengers are thrown from the vehicle.
- Driver impairment is only a factor in a small number of bus accidents: Of course, even one impaired or intoxicated driver is one too many, especially when the potential for injury or death from a bus accident is so great.
- Roadway modifications could prevent many bus accidents from occurring: Examples include wider turning lanes, regular maintenance of road shoulders, and higher-profile traffic signals. This brings up the question of why public safety officials are often remiss in making these improvements.
The takeaway from these facts is that bus accidents rarely follow a typical pattern. This is yet another reason to trust your case to an experienced bus accident lawyer.
So how do you choose the right Palmdale bus accident lawyers? Here’s why the Salamati firm should be at the top of your list:
- We only collect our fees if you win your case: You’ll never have to worry about big out-of-pocket costs when you work with us.
- We offer free consultations: It won’t cost you a dime to talk to one of our legal experts.
- We’ve been practicing law here in downtown LA since 1995: Over the years, we’ve distinguished ourselves as one of Southern California’s premier personal injury firms. You can rest easy knowing that we’re on the case.
Contact us today to get things going. We look forward to speaking with you.