If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident in Culver City that was due to another party’s negligence, the challenge before you now is not only healing your injuries but choosing the right law firm to represent your case.
You already know that there are many slip and fall attorneys in the LA area from which to choose. The question is how to select the best one for your needs. The answer comes down to three factors we’ll discuss in this brief post.
The facts about slip and fall injuries
Let’s start with a little background on the topic. Here’s some information from the National Floor Safety Institute:
- Slip and fall accidents cause more than two million emergency room visits each year.
- Many slip and fall accidents result in serious injuries, including hip fractures.
- Slip and fall injuries can occur at any age: This includes children, adolescents, and young adults, as well as older people.
- The condition of a floor is a major cause of many slip and fall injuries: This includes floors made from smooth or slippery materials, as well as floors that are wet, uneven, or blocked by obstructions such as boxes or work materials.
- 22% of slip and fall injuries result in the victim missing more than 31 days from work.
- The total cost of slip or fall injuries exceeds $70 billion per year: This includes costs of treatment, as well as lost wages and lower productivity.
A slip and fall accident can occur anywhere: at work, on the streets, or while shopping or dining. These accidents exact a serious toll on the victims, who must struggle with pain, lost income, and uncertainty about the future.
What to do if you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident
The first step is to see a medical professional as soon as possible. Follow your healthcare provider’s advice to the letter.
After receiving treatment, you should consult with qualified Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers. This is important, not only for your own sake but to prevent the same type of accident from happening to others. Sometimes it takes the possibility of legal action to correct public safety hazards.
Choosing the right slip and fall attorney
Now that we’ve looked at the issue in general, let’s consider how to choose the right attorney to handle your case. Here’s what to look for:
- Integrity: Look for a law office with strong community roots and a track record of putting its client first. This is crucial for both your case and your peace of mind.
- Fairness: A law office worthy of your clientage will never charge you money simply to let you tell your story.
- Assertiveness: Those responsible for your injury may try to pressure you to accept less compensation than you deserve. You need an attorney who is willing to stand up to such low-ball tactics.
Here at the Salamati Law Firm, we have been representing slip and fall accident victims in the Los Angeles area since 1995. We never charge for initial consultations and we collect no fees unless your case prevails. Contact us today to find out more.