There are multiple entities you might be able to sue after a Los Angeles bus accident. In fact, you are entitled to file suit against every party that shares in the liability for the crash. This could be a single person or several corporate entities. Ultimately, it is the job of your Los Angeles personal injury attorney to determine this.
If you are considering a bus accident lawsuit, do not delay in moving forward. The longer you wait, the more difficult you may find it to obtain compensation for your injuries. Delays can hamper your case due to lost evidence, fading witness memories, or even issues with the statute of limitations. Contact our team of Los Angeles bus accident lawyers today.
Potential defendants in your bus accident lawsuit
You might be surprised at the variety of potential defendants in this type of lawsuit. While these accidents frequently occur due to the negligence of the bus operator, they are only one potential defendant out of many. The facts of your case will ultimately determine the appropriate defendant(s) which may include:
- The bus driver. The operator of a commercial bus could be at fault for your accident in several ways. If they were negligent through speeding, running a red light, or failing to use a turn signal, they could face liability for the accident.
- The bus company. Bus companies are responsible for the negligence of their drivers who are acting within the scope of their employment.
- The bus repair company. Sometimes, bus owners rely on third parties to repair their vehicles. When these third parties are negligent– they could also face liability if this causes the accident.
- Bus manufacturers. Some crashes occur as the result of a defective vehicle or part. These defects could lead to a lawsuit against the manufacturer.
- Government entities. Bus accidents can occur due to defects in a roadway. This could include– improper maintenance or even dangerous roadway design. In these cases, it might be possible to sue the government entity that oversees the road in question.
No matter the responsible party, your personal injury lawyer at Salamati Law could help you build a winning case. From investigating the accident to filing a lawsuit, our attorneys play a vital part in each step of the claims process.
How we can help identify the negligent parties
As noted above, the identity of every liable party in a bus accident can be complicated. You might be surprised to learn that more than one person or entity can play a role. For example, a bus operator and the owner of the bus might have both contributed to the crash.
Your Los Angeles bus accident attorney can help you identify the at-fault parties by reviewing every aspect of the crash. Starting with an interview with you, we develop a theory of liability and expand our investigation to review relevant police reports, physical evidence, and witness statements.
Contact our team of Los Angeles bus accident lawyers
You could have a series of legal options following a bus accident. Do not weigh these on your own. Let our team at Salamati Law guide you during your claim. To begin, contact us to set up your free initial consultation as soon as possible—and because we work on a contingency-fee-basis, there are no upfront legal fees.