If you’ve been hurt in a bus crash in LA, one of the first steps to take after the collision is to reach out to a qualified Los Angeles bus accident attorney to discuss your legal options for compensation.
Work with Santa Clarita bus accident lawyers who understand the devastating repercussions that a bus accident can have on your finances, your ability to work, your relationships, and your quality of life. Choose attorneys who have a track record of success with this kind of litigation and who can demonstrate advanced knowledge in the logistics of bus crashes and their causes, as well as legal complications surrounding them. With skilled representation on your side, you are more likely to recover the money damages you deserve.
Five essential facts about bus accidents
Most bus rides end with the passengers reaching their destinations safe and sound. Other times, however, the trip takes a disturbing turn.
Consider the following:
- More than 35,000 injuries are caused by bus accidents in the US every year, including many right here in the LA area. While some of these incidents are minor, others inflict terrible suffering or even worse.
- Any type of bus can be involved in an accident: Accidents can involve MTA vehicles, school busses, church busses, and private motorcoach carriers like Greyhound.
- The average city bus can weigh up to 40,000 pounds, or even more when filled with passengers: The sheer size and weight of these massive vehicles add to the potential for injuries and death.
- Driver exhaustion is an ever-present concern in the bus industry: Driver fatigue can be due to a variety of causes, including long hours, job stress, and a serious medical condition called sleep apnea.
- The MTA, in particular, has a history of safety concerns: For example, a 32-year old father of three was killed in a 2019 accident involving a Metro bus. Similar reports pop up on a regular basis in the local news.
Our Santa Clarita bus accident lawyers can help
As a leading Southern California personal injury firm, Salamati Law has the legal and investigative resources to help you achieve the maximum compensation for your medical bills, suffering, and accident-related expenses.
Here are some important facts you should know about our firm:
- We work with a team of experts to build the strongest possible case: These include expert witnesses, private investigators, and accident reconstruction professionals. Our aim is to discover exactly what caused your bus crash, so we can hold all liable parties to account.
- We only collect our fees if you win your case: There’s no need for you to worry about out-of-pocket costs. We want you to focus on recovery while we take care of the legal process for you.
- We offer no-cost consultations: Telling a bus accident lawyer your story won’t take a single penny out of your pocket.
California statutes of limitation mean that the time for you to contact us is right now. Don’t forfeit your right to substantial money compensation for losses stemming from the bus wreck. Call us 24/7, 7 days a week, or use the online contact form to schedule a consultation.