Rear-end collisions are one of the most common forms of motorcycle accidents. This can happen when a cyclist strikes the rear of a motor vehicle or when a passenger car rear-ends a motorcyclist. In either case, the injuries that result can be severe.
If you have suffered injuries in this type of crash while riding a motorcycle, you might be able to pursue legal action against the other party. Let a motorcycle accident lawyer in Los Angeles from Salamati Law help you pursue financial compensation for your injuries.
Common injuries in rear-end motorcycle collisions
There are many examples of common motorcycle accident injuries. This is because of the limited protection a motorcycle provides its rider. Some examples include:
- Broken arms
- Broken legs
- Sprains or strains
- Cuts, bruises, or lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal damage
- Severe burns
Each of these injuries has the potential to alter the shape of your life for years to come. While financial compensation cannot undo the harm that comes with a serious injury, it could simplify the process of living with these conditions. At Salamati Law, we can help you pursue compensation from the at-fault parties.
Common causes of rear-end motorcycle accident lawyers
When pursuing a personal injury case, it is helpful to understand how a rear-end motorcycle accident can happen. Some common factors include:
- Distracted driving. Distracted drivers are one of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents. This is especially true among rear-end collisions and drivers who are not paying attention to the road in front of them.
- Intoxicated driving. Under the influence of alcohol or drugs, motorists often lack the response time needed to stop before colliding with a slowed or parked vehicle. Drunk drivers also frequently show poor decision-making that increases the chances of a crash.
- Failing to check blind spots. Drivers have a duty to check their blind spots when changing lanes. When they fail to do so, they increase the likelihood of a rear-end accident by rapidly changing lanes in front of a motorcycle rider.
- Tailgating. Following a motorcycle too closely is another common cause of rear-end accidents. Drivers have a duty to maintain a safe distance between their vehicle and the rider in front of them. When they fail to do so, rear-end accidents can happen.
- Weather conditions. Poor weather conditions increase the chances of a rear-end crash. This is especially true in cases where roads are slick with water or ice.
No matter the cause of a rear-end crash, you have the opportunity to pursue legal action against the responsible party. Holding them accountable could be possible with the guidance of a Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer.
Compensation for rear-end motorcycle collisions
You could be entitled to different types of financial compensation following a rear-end motorcycle accident:
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Diminished future earning power
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Let an attorney evaluate your case and advise you on the compensation you deserve.
Contact our team of Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers
If you have been involved in a rear-end collision on a motorcycle, you deserve aggressive legal counsel who will fight for your rights. You are entitled to pursue compensation from the negligent party that caused your crash, but doing so on your own is challenging. Salamati Firm is ready to serve as your advocate. To learn how we could help you fight for the compensation you deserve, call for a free consultation right away.