For people injured in bus accidents, serious consequences can include catastrophic injuries, lifelong disabilities, and even death.
As Glendale bus accident lawyers, we know that the Metro Transit Authority (MTA) usually does a reasonable job of ensuring passenger safety. At the same time, we also know that busing companies are held to a higher standard than other organizations when it comes to preventing accidents.
That’s why we stand ready to help if you or someone you love was hurt in a bus crash. Contact us today if you’re in need of a skilled Los Angeles bus accident attorney. We offer no-cost, no-obligation case reviews, where we will review the circumstances of your crash and tell you how much we think your case might be worth.
Is riding an MTA bus safe?
On August 10, 2020, a 26-year old man was struck and killed by a Metro bus in East Los Angeles. What makes this accident even more disturbing is the fact that the bus continued on its route without stopping.
While we should never draw conclusions based on a single report, this tragic story does raise a number of troubling issues:
- Experienced bus drivers are in short supply: The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) cites high turnover rates in the profession, leading to serious concerns about the average driver’s qualifications.
- Commercial busses have numerous blind spots: This is according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). In many cases, drivers are unable to see what’s going on outside the vehicle.
- The traffic situation around LA is growing steadily worse: This is caused by many factors, including the area’s explosive population growth. The city’s expansion will continue to create new safety problems for the foreseeable future.
- Media sources report ongoing problems with MTA bus service: One source says that “service levels have dropped dramatically” in recent years. Yet, at the same time, the MTA continues to raise fares.
- Bus drivers may suffer from major health conditions: Heart disease, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea are just a few conditions that can hinder the driver’s ability to perform his or her job.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons for concern about the MTA’s approach to passenger safety.
At the same time, this powerful organization is backed by the city itself, which means that accident victims are well-advised to seek the help of a skilled MTA bus accident lawyer. Otherwise, you may miss your chance to receive maximum compensation.
That’s where our Glendale bus accident lawyers come into the picture. Contact us today for your free consultation. We’ll be happy to listen to your story.
If we take your case, then we’ll work on contingency. This means that we only collect our fees if you win.
We work as hard as we can to make every case as solid as possible. Over the years, we’ve built relationships with investigators, expert witnesses, and medical professionals. Their input can make all the difference to your case’s outcome.
In California, the statute of limitations provides only a short window of time in which you can file a lawsuit against the MTA. Don’t delay in reaching out to us today for a free case review.