What city is more famous than Beverly Hills? Our town is synonymous with glamour and upscale living.
But slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere. When the unexpected occurs, it’s reassuring to know that compassionate Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers are here to help.
Busting the myths about slip and fall accidents
There are a lot of unfortunate misconceptions about slip and fall accidents. These inaccurate perceptions sometimes prevent victims from getting the legal help they need.
With that in mind, we’d like to address some of the most common mistaken beliefs about this important topic:
- Genuine slip and fall accidents are rare: This is absolutely not true. In fact, the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) reports that these types of accidents number in the millions every year.
- Most slip and fall incidents only cause minor injuries: Again, this is simply untrue. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) report that more than three million Americans are hospitalized for fall-related injuries each year.
- Only older people fall victim to slip and fall injuries: In truth, people of all ages find themselves injured in these types of accidents, including children, adolescents, and young adults.
- Most slip and fall accidents are the victim’s fault: This is perhaps the biggest myth of all. In the vast majority of cases, the property owner or manager plays a significant role in allowing the injury to happen.
As the victim of a serious accident, you have the right to seek compensation for your pain, suffering, and related expenses. This is where a Beverly Hills personal injury lawyer can help. But how do you pick the best law firm to handle your concerns? Let’s consider that question for a few moments.
Choosing the right law firm to handle your case
Personal injury law is a complex topic that requires expert legal help. Making the wrong decision can hurt your ability to receive the compensation you justly deserve.
So how do you make a choice you’ll feel good about later? Here’s what to look for:
- A law firm that balances professionalism with assertiveness: Those responsible for slip and fall accidents sometimes face up to their liability and offer fair compensation to the victim. Other times, however, they may try to sweep the matter under the rug. They might even try to intimidate the victim. You need a law firm that can handle all possible scenarios.
- A law firm that knows how to uncover the truth: It’s not enough to know that your case has merit. It’s also important to assemble and present the evidence in a way that will convince others. This requires not only legal expertise but sound investigative, medical, and technical resources as well.
- A law firm that puts you first: As the injured party, you deserve compassionate, client-centered treatment. Look for a legal practice that treats you like a person, not like a case number.
- A law firm that has stood the test of time: One of the hallmarks of a great law practice is its ties to the local community. This inspires trust and confidence, two important qualities for any professional organization to project.
Here at the Salamati Law Firm, we have built an outstanding reputation for client service and excellent results since first opening our doors back in 1995. We offer free consultations and never charge fees unless your case prevails. Contact us today to start the ball rolling.