Following an accident, a personal injury attorney in Lakewood may represent your best option for securing full monetary compensation. The financial cost of serious injuries can be significant, and it is only fair that the person that caused your injury covers those expenses.
The team at Salamati Law is prepared to help fight for fair compensation for your injuries. If your claim is successful, you could recover damages based on the financial, emotional, and physical hardships you faced due to your injuries.
What is the basis for a personal injury claim?
Not every injury will bring about financial compensation. If you are responsible for your own injury or were harmed by an unavoidable hazard, you might not have an avenue for financial compensation. However, you could have a valid claim for damages if you were harmed due to the negligence of another person.
Every successful personal injury case has negligence in common, but the facts related to these cases can differ dramatically. Personal injury lawsuits can involve anything from a sporting accident to a motor vehicle collision. In any of these circumstances, a Lakewood personal injury lawyer might be able to help. Some of the most common types of personal injury cases include:
- Vehicle accidents – Accidents involving trucks, cars, motorcycles, or bicycles can lead to life-altering injuries. The impact from these collisions can also result in significant emotional and financial trauma.
- Slip and fall accidents – Slipping, tripping, and falling is one of the most common causes of serious injuries in the United States. In fact, it is one of the most common causes of emergency room visits each year. A slip and fall lawyer could help pursue compensation from the owner of the property where the fall occurred.
- Medical error – Acts of medical malpractice can be especially dangerous given the vulnerability of most patients. These errors could involve surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, or the failure to prescribe the appropriate care.
- Defective products – Most products perform their intended purpose in a safe way. When these products are defective, serious injuries can occur. Some products that have a history of defects include food, medicine, and motor vehicles.
- Wrongful death – if a loved one has succumbed to injuries caused by another’s negligence, a wrongful death lawyer at Salamati Law can help you pursue damages on their behalf from the responsible party.
What is a contingency fee agreement?
At Salamati Law, our Lakewood personal injury attorneys operate on something known as a contingency fee agreement. With this agreement, you can pursue a personal injury lawsuit without worrying about upfront attorney fees.
When your attorney is on contingency fee agreement, they will keep a percentage of your recovery. This percentage serves as their legal fee, meaning that you will never be in a position where you are forced to pay attorney fees in a case where you did not recover anything.
This approach does not limit your ability to pursue a personal injury lawsuit based on your financial position. You have the opportunity to seek fair compensation for your injuries regardless of your ability to pay upfront legal fees, which you are not responsible for. Our attorneys take the risk of pursuing your case while you are able to focus on your physical recovery.
Compensation for your injuries
When you work with a personal injury lawyer Lakewood locals rely on for effective representation after an accident, you can pursue various forms of financial compensation. This compensation for your injuries and losses may include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished future earning power
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Before you file a lawsuit or negotiate a settlement on your own, let a personal injury attorney in Lakewood, CA help you evaluate your options. Our firm can identify what your case might be worth, determine which parties may be liable, and advise you on the best next steps to take.
Personal Injury Attorney Lakewood CA
If you have been hurt through no fault of your own, our team of attorneys is ready to help. We can aggressively pursue your personal injury suit and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
If you are ready to get started with your case, the attorneys of Salamati Law are here to help. Reach out right away to schedule your free consultation.