Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
A personal injury lawyer can be your best ally as you and your family recover from a devastating accident. Sean Salamati started his practice with a compassionate heart to help people who were suffering as the result of someone else’s negligence. Since 2005, he has held responsible parties accountable for their reckless actions, earning multi-million-dollar awards for his clients.
When you call the Salamati Firm, you’re not only accessing the expertise of a personal injury attorney, but you’re also gaining access to our investigative network, medical experts, industry analysts, and paralegals. We build strong cases that often settle outside court in the shortest timeframe, although we’re willing to go to bat for you at trial if the other side tries to lowball an offer.
Our personal injury firm takes cases on a contingency basis, meaning that you don’t owe us a single cent for our services until we win money on your behalf.
What is a personal injury lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit arises from carelessness or intentional conduct that results in harm and/or loss. Unlike criminal cases that are initiated by the government, personal injury cases are filed by individual victims and their families. In some cases, the victim can be partially at fault, but still collect compensation.
The personal injury lawsuits we accept generally fall under the following areas:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Premises liability / Slip and fall injuries
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Elder / Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice and Birth injuries
What is included in a personal injury settlement?
You may be entitled to compensation for:
- All past, present, and estimated future medical bills
- Loss of income, including time off work and reduced capacity to work
- Cost of rehabilitation, home modifications, and assistive devices
- Funeral expenses and cost of burial
- Emotional pain, suffering, and loss
“Do I need a personal injury lawyer?”
While a personal injury lawyer is not mandated by law to pursue a claim in court, our clients who have attempted to do it alone report feeling frustrated and helpless in the process. A legal advocate that is deeply connected with the courts will keep you appraised of the situation every step of the way and let you know what to expect, so you don’t feel as though your claim is being ignored, sitting at the bottom of the pile. Since the process could take a couple of years to reach resolution, working with an attorney gives people peace of mind. We make sure all your paperwork is filed correctly down to the letter, so you don’t end up volleying mail back and forth, unnecessarily prolonging your suffering.
We also look at every possible legal angle to determine the best approach to win you the most compensation. Sometimes the cases are straightforward with a clearly defined perpetrator, but other times, there may be product liability, government entities, or other contributing factors involved. The Salamati Firm’s research capabilities are second-to-none. Many times people tell us the information we uncovered was well worth the legal fee alone, as the truth helps them understand exactly what happened and move past personal tragedy.
With more than a decade of experience litigating similar cases, we know what a claim is worth. Holding careless or willfully destructive individuals fully accountable for their actions is the best way to ensure similar accidents do not occur in the future. An aggressive personal injury lawyer who is committed to justice won’t settle for less just to add another victory to the roster. We’re no strangers to the court room. That is one of the many differences between the Salamati Firm and other personal injury firms in Los Angeles.
Tips on choosing personal injury lawyers
- Do some homework. Know what you’re looking for in choosing to work with a legal advocate. Are there parts of the law you don’t understand? Are you looking for a strong negotiator, someone with trial experience, or both?
- Look for specialization. The best attorneys are licensed to practice in the state where you were injured and specialize in the area of law pertaining to your case.
- Hire the best. You’ll want a lawyer that lacks a disciplinary record and has a strong reputation for success.
Questions to ask a personal injury lawyer
- What do you consider to be your specialty?
- Have you taken cases similar to mine? If so, how many and how did they turn out?
- How many attorneys will be working on my case?
- How long do you think it will take to resolve my complaint?
- Do you work on contingency? What legal fees are owed in a win, and how are they paid?
- What will improve my chances of winning?
- What percentage of your cases go all the way to trial?
- Has your firm ever been disciplined by legal ethics committees? If so, why?
- Who has the final say as to whether to accept an offer or go to trial?
- Can you provide references from past clients?
How to choose a personal injury attorney in Los Angeles
Contact The Salamati Law Firm at 888-259-4060 for a free, no-obligation case review to get the ball rolling. You’ll know right away if we are the right personal injury law firm to handle your claim. You’ll feel validated and cared for, and you’ll have a feeling in your gut that your needs are finally being addressed. We look forward to assisting you with your claim. Se habla español.
Los Angeles Personal Injury Law Blog
- Most Common Causes of Fatal Car Accidents
- How Much Time Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Los Angeles?
- What Are PTSD Personal Injury Claims?
- Can You Sue Your Spouse for Personal Injury?
- How Long Does It Take for a Facial Fracture to Heal?
Additional Personal Injury resources:
- California Legislative Information, CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE – CCP, PART 2. OF CIVIL ACTIONS [307 – 1062.20] TITLE 2. OF THE TIME OF COMMENCING CIVIL ACTIONS [312 – 366.3] CHAPTER 3. The Time of Commencing Actions Other Than for the Recovery of Real Property [335 – 349.4], http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=CCP§ionNum=338
- California Courts, The Judicial Branch of California, http://www.courts.ca.gov/courts.htm