Cerritos is one of Los Angeles County’s leading communities, with beautiful parks, outstanding schools, and mild weather most of the year.
is also a place where slip and fall accidents occur all too often. In many
cases, this leads to painful injuries, loss of income, or even worse.
If you’ve suffered due to someone else’s negligence, then the dedicated Los Angeles slip and fall attorneys at the Salamati Law Firm can help you to get maximum compensation for your pain, suffering, and related expenses. The journey to a better life begins by contacting us today.
The 5 most common causes of slip and
Slip and fall accidents can stem from any number of sources. Here are five of the most likely causes of these mishaps:
- Damaged, slippery, or uneven walking surfaces: The classic form of this problem is a wet floor. But anything that impedes a person’s ability to tread across a surface can be at fault, including loose tiles, uneven stairs, and misplaced area rugs.
- Failure to use warning signs: Property managers are responsible for cautioning the public about potential safety hazards, including wet or damaged floors, construction areas, and out-of-service facilities. Innocent people may suffer when they fail to do so.
- Lack of cleaning supplies: Simple precautions like having access to a mop or broom can make all the difference between a safe environment and a public hazard.
- Unattended work zones: Workers sometimes walk away from ongoing projects without setting up safety measures. This can put unwary people at risk of injury. One example of this kind of negligence is an extension cord stretched across a public access area without a warning sign.
- Elevation changes: For example, picture a hallway with an unmarked down step at the end. This is an accident waiting to happen.
The consequences of a slip and fall accident can include serious injuries, high medical bills, lost income, and ongoing pain, discomfort, or even disability.
The good news is that you don’t have to take your suffering laying down. The Southern California slip and fall lawyers at Salamati Law can help you to get the compensation you need to pay medical bills, make up for lost income, and cover the costs of rehabilitative treatment.
The question is, how do you pick the right law firm to represent you? Here are some guidelines to remember:
- Choose a law firm that offers free consultations: The last thing you need is a huge
legal fee after suffering an injury.
- Choose a law firm with contacts in the medical and investigative world: Proving your case will likely
require expert testimony and carefully preserved evidence.
- Choose a law firm that collects no fees unless you win: An attorney who believes in your
case will agree to work on contingency, protecting you from a lost case and a
- Choose a law firm with roots in the Cerritos/Los Angeles area: An LA-based firm will be more
familiar with our city’s legal landscape.
Slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone, anywhere. But having the right law firm in your corner can help you to come back strong. Contact our office today to arrange your free consultation. We collect no fees unless you win your case. Talk to you soon.